LEPC General Meeting Minutes
ECDOPS Public Safety Center
2880 Flower Road
February 9th, 2018
Attendance: Michael Guerassimoff, Terry Thomson, Bill First, Gabe Miehl, Charles Ramsey, Bob Gandley, John Kelly, Dale Robinson, John Grappy, Jim Carstater, Brian Mesaros, John Poshka, George Kickel and Keerinique Valencic.
Public Safety Report:
- General Report – Dale Robinson
- Radio project is progressing.
- There was an issue at the tower location in Elk Creek; an ice jam destroyed the potential site owned by the PA Fish and Boat Commission. An alternative site, adjacent to the original site has been determined.
- Springfield land property agreement was approved.
- Early deployment of subscriber units is currently in progress; installation by Mobilcom.
- Reviewing make / model of siren controllers; technology to activate sirens for all-hazards.
- Hazard Mitigation Plan is approved pending adoption. As soon has a municipality adopts the plan; the five year cycle will begin.
- Rail Safety Plan: Attempting to schedule meeting with Millcreek and Fairview officials for rail safety tabletop exercise.
- General Report – John Grappy
- 2018 Goals and Action Plan was sent out, please take a minute to review them.
- Implementation of the Next Gen Radio System.
- Consolidation of dispatch services for East Erie County by the end of this year.
- Inter-governmental agreements for the five municipalities will be mailed next week.
- Operations staff is establishing emergency service zones.
- Response plans will be established once the service zones are completed.
- Upgrade of new CAD and telephony systems.
- Decline of emergency services (recruitment / retention) to be discussed in new subcommittee under auspice of the Public Safety Advisory Committee.
- EMA Report – Dale Robinson
- County EOP is complete and waiting to be sent to the County Executive and County Council.
Hazmat Report – Brian Mesaros
- Tier 2 money is starting to come in; there was a delay as there was a problem with the State reporting system.
- EHS facilities format will be revised.
- Discussion about possibly sharing the EHS plans with the Fire Department.
Outreach – Gabe Miehl
- Would like to participate with the Rail Safety Plan exercises.
- Discussion on Tier 2 outreach.
- Possible EHS outreach with the Fire Departments.
Good of the Order:
- Election of a Chairman – Charlie Ramsey has been elected for another 2 year term.
- Election of a Vice Chairman – Bob Gandley has been elected.
- Tonight is the Government Dinner.
- Discussion about recruitment for members of the LEPC.
Adjourned: Meeting adjourned at 9:04AM.