LEPC Executive Board Meeting
ECDOPS Public Safety Center
2880 Flower Road
January 8, 2016
Attendance: Charles Ramsey, Scott Newell, Nicole Fuller, Gabe Miehl, Brian Mesaros, Bruce Eicher, Tony Pol, Joe Walko, John Kelly, Dale Robinson, Bob Gandley, John R. Grappy
Call to Order (8am) – Moment of Silence for Erie County Council Vice Chairman, Phil Fatica
Charlie Ramsey is the new 2016 LEPC Chair. We are looking for an LEPC Co-Chair. Please let Charlie know before next meeting and an appointment will be made.
EMA Report –
- General Report – Dale Robinson
- Title 35 Rewrite – Moving forward, hopefully discuss at PEMA Quarterly Training. The May conference this will be discussed. Dale will be doing presentations on Amateur Radio Program and CERT.
- G-775 Course – 16 people for the class on January 6th and 7th. In 2014, only cancelled 1 class, in 2015, all were cancelled but 1 or 2. Other counties are having issues too.
- Still working on Crude Oil Training.
- Starting to work on Tall Ships scheduled for June 2016.
- USAR budget is $250,000 from general funds.
- Collapse Structure Rescue Class – going to work on offering this class more often.
- Financial Report – Brian Mesaros
- Budget and Expenses – Not able to spend due to the County’s Budget Impasse.
- Tier II Fees/Grants/Pay in lieu of – $47,525 a few dollars higher than last year. 244 out of 246 facilities reported. Starting next year’s round of reporting.
- HazMat Billing Procedures – Wants to get quantified by County Council
- Capital Budget/Depreciation Planning – This topic was not discussed.
- HazMat Team Report – Brian Mesaros
- Training – 40 hour tech class and refresher, OSHA NFPA 472. In April 2016, start recertification process again for another 4 years. This is hands on for equipment.
- Responses – No responses so far this year. 13 calls for 2015.
1) Amerigas response – Propane call at Perry Highway
2) 1-90 Coffee Syrup spill – Peach Street and Route 97
- Team Officers
1) Tim Eckstrom – Chief
2) Brian Mesaros – Training Officer
3) Charlie Ramsey – Captain
4) Gabe Miehl – President
5) Sparky Warner – Assistant Chief
- Working on 819 replacement.
Public Safety Report – John Grappy
- Director’s Report –
1) Currently working on 2016 Public Safety Strategic Goals and Objectives.
2) All of 2015 Goals and objectives were met; some are carried over (Next Generation Radio System).
3) 3 year plan update yearly, 2016, 2017 and 2018. This July will be 2017, 2018 and 2019.
4) Next Generation Radio System – 5 potential vendors for the tower site construction. The bid opening is on March 15th and 10:30 am.
5) Assistance to Fire Fighters Grant – Deadline was January 15th. Once we get 100% compliance the grant program could be up to $2 Million.
6) Phil Fatica was the Public Safety Liaison. The new Liaison is not known as of yet.
7) Text-to-911 went live on January 7, 2016. It was suggested to direct education towards certain demographics and responders.
8) Rich Stebell is no longer the Chair of the LEPC, would this mean that Charlie would sit on the Public Safety Advisory Committee? The Advisory Committee by-laws will be referenced regarding this topic.
New Business –
- Meeting Dates for 2016 –
Executive Board Meetings
January 8, 2016
February 12, 2016
April 8, 2016
May 13, 2016
August 12, 2016
September 9, 2016
October 14, 2016
November 4, 2016
- 2016 Public Safety Government Dinner – Friday, February 12, 2016 at the Erie Maennerchor Club.
- The County is currently writing a Facebook Policy. John Kelly (Emergency Management Specialist) is getting together information for Facebook. Weather tips, 24 week emergency kit and travel alerts every week.
Old Business –
- Central Information Project – Joe Hudson – This topic was not discussed.
- Commodity Flow Study – HMEP Grant, waiting on approval from PEMA, will the contact contractor. 32 hours on interstate and 32 hours on rail for flow study. End of March, April or May.
- LECOM – it was mentioned that during a tour with Erie PD and Millcreek there were problems with addresses.
- There was a lengthy conversation regarding workplace violence.
- Dale mentioned that there are posters around Public Safety regarding if you see something please tell someone.
- Charlie mentioned the white powder request (OSHA) at Federal Building; improve responses with US Marshall Service. There will be a meeting to discuss this issue.
Good of the order –
- Gabe will follow up on the Exercise from September. Figure out what they can do next.
- Dale – Trans care exercise, looking into getting a class scheduled.
- Workplace violence – Charlie talked with Bob winters who sits on the LEPC in Crawford County. Reach out and extend an invite to law enforcement about possible involvement with the LEPC group.
- Charlie mentioned a goal that he would like to push for the LEPC Meetings to be 2 hours or less for the future.
Next Meeting – General Meeting on February 12, 2016 starting at 8:00am @ ECDOPS
Meeting adjourned: Motion to adjourn made by Bruce Eicher, all in favor. Adjourned 9:30 am.