LEPC Executive Board Meeting
ECDOPS Public Safety Center
2880 Flower Road
April 8, 2016
Attendance: John Kelly, Jim Carstater, Gabe Miehl, Brian Mesaros, Tony Pol, Guy Santone, Bruce Eicher, Jim Petrone, Scott Newell, Dale Robinson, Bob Gandley, Richard Stebell, Nicole Fuller, John R. Grappy
Call to Order (8AM)
EMA Report –
- General Report – Dale Robinson
- Title 35 Rewrite –
1) Stale movement, during PEMA’s last quarterly training brought in the Legislative Liaison to try and run a session on what we want to see in Title 35. Until there is an enforcement mechanism then PEMA can write whatever they want.
- Financial Report – Brian Mesaros
- Budget and Expenses – $41,500 currently
- Tier II Fees/Grants/Pay in lieu of – pushing to report through state. 262 facilities reported, 7 to 8 new reporting. Last year $47,525 was taken in. Received fee credits from Ridg-U-Rak for racking in building.
- HazMat Billing Procedures – nothing has moved so far.
- Capital Budget/Depreciation Planning – nothing currently. New Erie County RFID Inventory System. $300 to $1000 threshold.
- HazMat Team Report – Brian Mesaros
- Training – Saturday, April 30th Findlay University, Rail Car Response. Hazmat Tech Training, April 16th and 17th, May 7th and 8th-EPA is putting this class on. May 8th is the Hazmat Tech Refresher.
- Responses – No responses since January 2016.
- Rail Response Plan – Rail draft done. Taking maps to municipalities and going over areas of concern. Staging areas, booming ingress and egresses, water intakes and critical facilities. This is for Class I rails for Norfolk Southern and CSX. Once this is done then this will transpose this to the interstates. EMS Public Safety Advisory Committee is working on the County MCI Plan.
Public Safety Report – John Grappy
- Director’s Report –
- NGR System – 5 Vendors and 4 were received, 2 vendors partnered together. Motorola, Harris, Airbus DS and EFJohnson. April 18th and 19th are the vendor presentations. They then go to the evaluation committee to evaluate criteria and make a decision around May 31st, 2016. Will then work on RFP’s for property, tower construction, microwave system, etc.
- CAD Virtualization – Transfer to new system starting May 23rd, goes on for 2 weeks and should be on the new platform by June 3rd, 2016.
- Record Management System – Software upgrade V3 to V12.8. Met with Intergraph. March 16, 2016, the Vendor will do a demo on the enhancements of the new software suite on May 4, 2016.
- Recruitment and Retention – There has been tremendous work on this so far. It was mentioned that we form a committee to address as a whole in the County. It was also mentioned that we reach out to industry to work with employers who have employees that respond to incidents. There is legislation on this topic. This topic was discussed in great detail.
New Business – HB to change the portion of the State Fire Grant. Firefighters are pushing for this. This was discussed in great detail.
Annual Elected Official Briefing – ECATO & ECAB tentatively will be one of the following dates: May 4th, 5th, 11th or 12th. This if for Elected or Appointed Officials. Will be held at Public Safety in the training room from 6pm – 9pm.
Old Business –
- Central Information Project – This was assigned this to Bill First and Jason Chenault. Jason might have someone in his office work on this project. This is currently on hold.
- Commodity Flow Study – Got the grant agreement for the HMEP grant which is funding this study. Making tweaks to the RPF and as soon as done the RFP will be out. 32 hours study of the rail and 32 hours of the interstate.
Good of the order – April 20th is the Hazmat Recertification.
Outreach – Will probably be scheduled for next October.
Tall Ships tabletop exercise – Port Security will be having an exercise.
General spill training was mentioned to look into for the future.
National Youth Preparedness Council – This was sent out to Schools. North East School District responded and is working on LEPC programs for after school, kid level prep council.
Next Meeting – General Meeting on May 13, 2016 starting at 8:00 AM @ ECDOPS
Meeting adjourned: 9:15 AM