LEPC Executive Meeting Minutes
ECDOPS Public Safety Center
2880 Flower Road
April 7th, 2017
Attendance: Bob Gandley, Gabe Miehl, Charles Ramsey, Scott Newell, John Kelly, Dale Robinson, Jessica Brown, Keerinique Valencic, Brian Mesaros, Bruce Eicher, and Joe Walko.
Opened with a moment of silence for Jim Petrone.
Public Safety Report:
- General Report – Dale Robinson
- Next Generation Radio Project update
- Equipment is starting to come in; mobiles, handhelds and pagers are currently in the garage here at Public Safety.
- Attorneys are currently working on the two alternative sites for the tower sites that were going on state game lands.
- Steel will be bid out after confirmation of all tower sites.
- Microwave system; not sure if we are going out on bid or a state contract. County Council will make the decision.
- County Council is looking at the count wide pay plan again.
- Regional CAD RFP is opening on 05/10/17; we will know if we get approved for the project in October 2017.
- General Report – Dale Robinson
- Had a press conference announcing the spill response trailers this past Wednesday.
- Unfortunately for the 2018 budget those funds were cut.
- There was a conversation about possibly putting life jackets in the trailers. There is a possibility of adding some advancements to these trailers.
- Currently working on a training class for how to deploy booms.
- Brian is putting the finishing touches on the crude oil unit train (rail safety) plan. Looking to have that completed by the end of June.
- Last ICS training is All Hazards Planning Section Chief and is scheduled for 04/18/17. Also doing a PIO course in May with the health department.
- We will be having a press conference on May 8th for our Storm Ready and IPAWS designation.
- Matt Exley and his sub-committee are working on a plan to make the tornado sirens into all hazard sirens.
- The taskforce is funding projects at Perry Hi-Way, specifically looking at technical rescue. The first thing they are funding is a fence around there, and once that is completed they will begin to work on a rubble pile. The next projects will be a lay down and a crane pad, confined space and then a trench rescue.
- Financial Report – Brian Mesaros
- 233 facilities have reported and we have collected $41,000.00 in Tier 2 fees. Still working to recoup $10,000.00 that we are still owed.
- Hazmat Report – Brian Mesaros
- Discussion about a business that is holding 5 million tons of computer monitors. The monitors are not an issue but once they start breaking down materials the chemicals could become an issue. These locations have been marked in CAD.
- We have a few members that will be attending the hazmat conference in New York at the end of the month.
- Strategic Plan - Charlie Ramsey
- Brian is working on a new Erie County Offsite Release Plan that is similar to the Crawford County Plan. Brian is going to send me the latest copy and I will provide feedback after reviewing it. Will hopefully have a working draft for the next meeting.
- Outreach Events – Gabe Miehl
- Looking to do an outreach event for West County in the fall; it is currently set to focus on the highway but they discussed changing it to focus on rail instead.
Meeting Adjourned: Meeting adjourned at 8:57AM.