LEPC Executive Meeting Minutes
ECDOPS Public Safety Center
2880 Flower Road
January 13th, 2017
Attendance: Charles Ramsey, Robert Gandley, John Grappy, Joe Walko, Brian Mesaros, Jim Carstater, Gabriel Miehl, Dale Robinson, Bill First, John Kelly and Keerinique Valencic.
- General Report – Dale Robinson
- 2017 Goals and Objectives
- Complete the Crude Oil Rail Plan. We have a rough draft that needs some minor adjustments.
- Received grant for the spill response trailers. The trailers must be in stock and in their locations by March 31st, 2017.
- Still working on the Hazard Mitigation Plan.
- Working to expand the compliance with NIMS. We are offering 5 ICS position specific classes this year.
- ICS Status Check-In Recorder (Large Training Room)
- 02/18-02/19 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- ICS Resource Unit Leader (EOC)
- 02/20-02/23 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- ICS Staging Area Manager (Large Training Room)
- 03/4-03/05 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- ICS All Hazards Operations Section Chief (Large Training Room)
- 03/06-03/09 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- ICS All Hazards Planning Section Chief (Large Training Room)
- 04/18-04/21 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- Financial Report – Brian Mesaros
- Last year we collected $45,925 in Tier 2 fees.
- County Council passed the ordinance for the Hazmat Team Outdoor Response fee increase to $5,000. If the company pays their Tier 2 fees we do not charge the fee.
- Hazmat Team Report – Gabriel Miehl
- EASF donated a lot of training suits; half of them look like they have never been out of the box. They were all checked and passed.
- Brian did some much needed maintenance on 819. The battery system was replaced and looks really nice.
- Working on the training plan for the year.
- Held elections and nothing changed.
- Hazmat command was well coordinated when we arrived at the incident in Fairview. Only issue we ran in to was being told to go the wrong way.
- We have a lot of new members for the Hazmat Team.
Public Safety Report:
- General Report – John Grappy
- We are finalizing the Department of Public Safety Goals and Objectives for 2017. We will present the 2017 Goals and Objectives power point next month at the general meeting.
- Next Generation Radio System – we are moving forward with early deployment of the new Zetron consoles. They are currently on site working. Tentative cut over date is Monday, January 30th, 2017.
- We would like to come up with a needs and expectations survey with our partners. Based on the outcomes we will review, evaluate and prioritize goals for the next 3-5 years.
- We will continue with the Northern Tier Consortium. Where we share systems and services with 10 counties.
- Through that 15% funding received by PEMA our region was approved for over $600,000.
- New regional voice logging recorder
- Maintenance cost for our telephony system
- Telephone and fiber costs
- Two additional positions for the backup site
- Establish a subcommittee to facilitate a discussion to address the issue of recruitment and retention of volunteers in emergency services.
- Government Dinner invitations went out, it will be held on February 10th, 2017 at the Erie Maennerchor Club. Deadline to register for the event is Friday, February 3rd, 2017.
- Gabriel Miehl has a base plan for drills and outreach events, but needs some info on EMA coordinators to see what makes sense to hit first. If West County does not want to do it we can facilitate one in East County.
- Chairman Ramsey would like Brian Mesaros to help facilitate this outreach event with mailings, etc. Would like to have some dates and high level ideas for the next meeting.
- Strategic planning - how can we support the county with achieving their 2017 goals and objectives. We started the strategic planning process last year and never finished it; will try to get that finished by the second general meeting of this year.
- Discussion about the EHS plan template. Mr. Robinson would like to come up with a better document. Waste Management has money to get an intern and Mr. Mesaros is thinking of having the intern work on updating the EHS plan template. Possibly have the intern compare multiple company plans to design something that fits all criteria. Chairman Ramsey would like to get a couple volunteers by next meeting to work on this.
Good of the Order:
- Chairman Ramsey would like the group to refocus the group and look at what we are required to do by law. We do not want the LEPC to be represented as supporting a specific candidate or party. Let’s reevaluate our regulatory requirements and focus on a couple key projects. We can make our meetings a high level report out, this is where we are at and this is what I need help with.
- Current list of projects include government dinner, drill outreach event, Tier 2 outreach and EHS plan template. Ongoing projects will be Tier 2 reporting. Also, let’s try to have a EHS template plan by the end of the second quarter.
Meeting Adjourned: Meeting adjourned at 9:23AM.