LEPC Executive Meeting Minutes
ECDOPS Public Safety Center
2880 Flower Road
April 13th, 2018
Attendance: Scott Newell, Bill First, Bob Gandley, Dale Robinson, Kale Asp, Joe Walko, Charles Ramsey, Brian Mesaros, Maryann Mook and Keerinique Valencic.
Public Safety Report:
- General Report – Dale Robinson
- Next Gen Radio System
- Bids were awarded to Perry Construction and Keystone Electric for tower construction and electrical work.
- Construction starts Monday at Sharp Road Tower; construction to be completed by July 2018.
- Early deployment of subscriber units is moving along
- Project completion by 12/31/2018.
- Consolidation with East County
- Met with North East Fire and Police Departments.
- Additional meetings being scheduled with East County emergency services.
- Cutover is 01/01/2019.
- Regional CAD System
- Implementation in process; completion by 1Q2019.
- County EOP has been forwarded to County Council for review
- To be considered at finance meeting, scheduled on May 10th
- There are 17 municipalities that we have not seen resolutions for the Hazard Mitigation Plan.
- We are skipping Millcreek Township per their request and moving to the City of Erie for the rail safety plan table top exercise.
- All Hazards Safety Officer Course starts next week
- EMS position is currently vacant but we had 20 applicants apply.
- Hazmat Report
- So far for the year we have collected $44,175.00.
- Everyone that has submitted a Tier 2 has been invoiced.
- Except for two that I received yesterday.
- Russel Standard has made up all their back reports and fees since 2011.
- Good of the Order
- We are beginning to get calls for PASF. I think that it would be good for them to have representation here at the LEPC meetings.
- We had a call where they needed pads and booms. We dropped off booms but we have not had them returned yet.
- Discussion on having a process to restock the spill trailers when product is being used, so that they will always be stocked when needed.
- Glenwood YMCA had a chlorine spill response. Need to send them a letter for Tier 2.
- Four or Five new hazmat techs attended training.
- Crawford County CART Team has been decommissioned.
- We are combining our drills with the crude oil response this year.
- Planning on having a full scale with CERT and Hazmat in August 2018.
- Meeting adjourned at 8:59AM.