LEPC General Meeting Minutes
ECDOPS Public Safety Center
2880 Flower Road
May 11th, 2018
Attendance: Bruce Eicher, Joe Walko, Brian Mesaros, Chuck Kanarr, Gabriel Miehl, George Kickel, John Grappy, Matt Comi, Dustin Wyant, Neil Bullock, Bill Malia, Dan Loewenheim, Charles Ramsey, Bob Gandley, Michael Quiggle, Dale Robinson, Kale Asp and Keerinique Valencic.
- Update on chlorine spill at Glenwood YMCA – they do not use chlorine they use sodium hyper chlorite; under the threshold for reporting.
Public Safety Report:
- Public Safety Report – John Grappy
- Next Gen Radio System
- Currently constructing 7 new tower sites. Construction bid for an 8th site will be released in the next couple weeks.
- Still on target for implementation by the end of the year.
- Infrastructure for the new sites is currently staged in the garage.
- East County Communication Center Consolidation
- We will be providing dispatch services for East County’s 5 municipalities at the beginning of 2019.
- Regional Projects with Northern Tier
- Telephony system due to be upgraded in September of this year.
- Procurement for CAD system is moving forward.
- All 3 mission critical systems will be updated by the first quarter of 2019.
- Recruitment and Retention Committee
- Role is to facilitate a discussion to educate, identify and find viable solutions to the growing issue of people interested in emergency services.
- Erie County EMS Response Plan
- We are moving forward with implementation.
- EMA Report – Dale Robinson
- We did our annual weather exercise on Wednesday night. There were some lessons learned and we are looking for technology to speed things up.
- 22 of 38 municipalities participated in this exercise
- ICS 400 next week on May 15th and 16th.
- Dan Loewenheim started this week as the new EMA Specialist.
- Quarterly LEMC training will be held next week on Thursday.
- Looking at doing a full scale logistics exercise on October 27th at Edinboro campus.
- County EOP to be considered by Erie County Council on Monday.
- EMA Report – Brian Mesaros
- Only 5 municipalities left to sign off onto the Hazard Mitigation Plan
- Rail Plan exercise to be scheduled soon with the City of Erie.
- Taking all of the EHS facilities and writing them into the new format.
- Hazmat Report – Brian Mesaros
- $45,700 in Tier 2 fees so far this year.
- Response in Springfield with a truck full of black printer ink that spilled in a culvert; small quantity contained.
- Good of the Order:
- Kip Hayford (PHHC) obtained the rail dome; working on a tank from GE to be donated.
- Public Safety is looking at purchasing siren controllers; develop county policy for the emergency sirens for an “all hazards” approach for public warning system.
- Jim Carstater is tracking the status of the Title 35 rewrite; probably not going to be passed this session.
- Neil Bullock is new to DEP; you may see him out in the field.
- Adjourned: Meeting adjourned at 8:53AM.