LEPC Executive Meeting Minutes
ECDOPS Public Safety Center
2880 Flower Road
August 11th, 2017
Attendance: Kale Asp, Gabe Miehl, Brian Mesaros, Jim Carstater, Joe Walko, Charles Ramsey, John Grappy, Valerie Bukowski, Melissa Lyon, Jessica Brown, Bob Gandley, Dale Robinson and Keerinique Valencic.
Public Safety Report:
- General Report – John Grappy
- Currently working on our 2018 budget proposal, department requests are due on August 25th.
- Application for funding of Regional Projects through Act 12-2015 was submitted. We have applied to replace our telephony switch, a Regional CAD System and ongoing maintenance costs. Grants will be awarded no later than October 31, 2017.
- Next Generation Public Safety Radio System
- The date for implementation has been moved back by 3 months due to some licensing delays.
- E.F. Johnson will be here the first week of October to un-crate, charge and update all the equipment. Installation and program training will be held the following week. After that we will begin deployment and installation.
- Fleet mapping draft is currently in progress.
- Land Property Agreements for tower site construction have been executed for six of the eight construction sites. We are anticipating approval of the last two by September.
- KCI Engineering has completed their surveys and permits for the eight proposed sites. The RFP will be released for tower steel, construction and equipment shelters by the end of this month.
- County Council approved contract for Nokia (Alcatel-Lucent) Microwave System on July 25th.
- Backup center is fully operational.
- Four departments that have sponsored the 2016 Assistance to Firefighters Grant ; one out of four of our applications are in the final stages of approval. This grant alone is just under $300,000.00. This money will be used to offset the subscriber costs.
- General Report – Dale Robinson
- Been busy updating the new Facilities Offsite Release Plan and the County EOP.
- Working with the EMS committee on updating the MCI Plan.
- General Report – Brian Mesaros
- Rail Safety Plan went through an internal review here; we are currently finalizing those changes. We will be having two or three regional meetings to give the departments a copy of the draft and allow them to make any changes or revisions to it.
- The deployment of the trailers is moving along. Just received all the parts for the keys and the locks. We are finishing up the agreements for the three departments they are going to.
- Hazard Mitigation Plan is moving along. We are waiting for some information from a few municipalities. The consultants are anticipating the draft form of the plan by the end of August.
- We are rewriting the EHS Plan. An intern from Gannon will be assisting with this in the Fall 2017.
- Financial Report – Brian Mesaros
- We have collected $46,125.00 for the year so far.
- We have been working with the Labor and Industry for a couple individuals that we have problems with.
- Responses – Brian Mesaros and Charles Ramsey
- Milk truck rollover in Corry Elgin area. About 5,000 gallons of milk lost, which did get into the water way in the area.
- Tractor trailer sheered a telephone pole in North East and ruptured a saddle tank. Product did get into a storm drain that was 15 feet away. The Fire Department already had everything cleaned up above ground, and had called in a vac truck to take care of the product in the storm drain. We cancelled the hazmat team as there was nothing for us to do.
- Had two tractor trailers collide on 90 and 89; where a saddle tank erupted on top of a storm drain. Greenfield Fire Department did a very good job building a dam to prevent the spread of that diesel fuel. We built one further down to help with what was going to leak from their dam eventually.
- Hazmat Report – Gabe Miehl
- Ohio State Conference will be held the first weekend of November.
- Outreach Events – Gabe Miehl
- ASSC has agreed to October date. Thinking of doing training on how to fill out the offsite release plan.
- We still need to give West County a date for their training.
- Good of the Order: A motion to appoint Charlie Ramsey to the Public Safety Advisory Committee, approved.
- Meeting Adjourned: Meeting adjourned at 8:56AM.