LEPC General Meeting Minutes
ECDOPS Public Safety Center
2880 Flower Road
August 10th, 2018
Attendance: Dan Loewenheim, Gabe Miehl, Bob Gandley, Dale Robinson, Charles Ramsey, Kale Asp, Bruce Eicher, Joe Walko, Brian Mesaros, Chuck Kanarr, Maryann Mook and Keerinique Valencic.
Public Safety Report:
- Public Safety Report – Dale Robinson
- Act 12 is up in June 2019. They are considering a two (2) year sunset extension until June 2021.
- Northern Tier applied for 13 projects this year, list of projects was sent around.
- Regional CAD is moving along well; great for EMA as well.
- Consolidation of dispatch services with East County.
- Met with the last agency Wednesday night.
- Will take over dispatch services for East County in January 2019.
- Radio Project
- Bid walk through for the collocated sites was Wednesday.
- All the towers are up with the exception of Union City and Girard.
- Recommendations for membership of the Recruitment and Retention committee under the PSAC were sent to the County Executive.
- Earned income tax credit discussion.
- First Net
- Discussion regarding AT&T and Verizon pricing and coverage.
- EMA Report – Dale Robinson
- Task Force Logistics Exercise will be at Edinboro on 08/27.
- Table Top on August 16th at ECDoPS in the evening.
- August 27, 28 and 29 ICS Division Group Supervisor Class at Public Safety.
- August 30th is the next local emergency management coordinator training; focus on mass care and emergency assistance.
- We just returned from Harrisburg for a mass care and emergency assistance class.
- September 20th nationwide WEA test.
- EMA will be assisting the County Health Department with their exercise on November 15th.
- EMA in the process of buying another trailer.
- EMS Subcommittee on the PSAC has finished the MCI Plan; Bill Hagerty received just over $10,000.00 of equipment / materials to make the kits and pocket guides.
- Hazmat Report – Brian Mesaros
- We have brought in $47,300.00 so far this year.
- Working with some municipalities that forgot they have to pay Tier II.
- Continuing the Rail Plan Exercises throughout the County.
- The Hazmat Team will be working with the CERT Team to do a full scale exercise on August 27th.
- Chautauqua County has a tox medic class that is free; EMT’s and paramedics can take this class.
Old Business: None.
New Business: None.
Good of the Order:
- Discussion about SR6 and PSATs recommendations for volunteer issue.
- Celebrate Erie is next week.
Adjourned: Meeting adjourned at 8:38AM.