Public Safety Advisory Committee’s
Executive Committee, March 9, 2016
The Public Safety Advisory Committee’s Executive Committee met on March 9, 2016, in the Erie County Department of Public Safety (ECDOPS) building at 2880 Flower Road. The meeting was called to order at 1:00 pm by the Advisory Committee’s Vice-Chair Rich Stebell.
Members In Attendance: Brian Mesaros, Nicole Fuller, Jim Carstater, John R. Grappy, Richard Stebell, Bill Hagerty, Kale Asp, Abdul Osman, Michael Tesore, Tony Pol, Matt Gianquinto (EF Johnson)
Agenda – Review of Subcommittees
Director of Public Safety and Subcommittee Reports:
Director of Public Safety – John R. Grappy
- NGR System Public Meetings – Project Overview and Timeline, 110 people attended.
- Monday, March 7th @10:00 AM – ECDOPS
- Monday, March 7th @ 6:00 PM – Perry Hi-Way
- Tuesday, March 15, 2016. Will review and evaluation period of 45 days. Award Bid on May 1, 2016.
- Selection Committee – 5 people altogether from Public Safety, MCM Consulting, Director of Procurement, Jim Rosenbaum (Advisory Committee) and 1 at large member (has not yet been decided).
- Communications Committee – Jeff Hawryliw, Chair and Charlie Heffner, Co-Chair. John will meet with them to discuss getting the committee up and running.
- Working on reaching out to ECATO & ECAB about having the Annual Elected Officials Briefing here at Public Safety again this year.
- About to release the RFP for the Hazard Mitigation Plan.
- Continue to work on the Erie County Rail Safety Plan
- Working on Hazmat Recertification, April 2016
- Alternate Schedule for Telecommunicators – This is moving forward.
- Text-to-911 – Implemented on Friday, January 9, 2016; continuing to work on call delivery.
- CAD Virtualization – moving forward with professional services.
- Record Management System – Vendor coming in next week to discuss system upgrade from version 3 to version 12.
Public Safety, Emergency Management- Dale Robinson
Law and Legislative Affairs Committee - Jim Carstater, Committee Chair.
- Please see attached report
Law Enforcement and Records Committee – Chief Randy Bowers
Fire Services Committee – Chief Tony Pol, Committee Chair
- No new updates as far as the committee.
- ISO was in to grade. Graded on 3 parts – Water, Communications and Fire Department. Good scores on those sections. Waiting on report.
Emergency Medical Services Committee – Bill Hagerty, Committee Chair
- Approved by Department of Health. Mailed and emailed to all Erie County EMS Agencies. There is a Plan Meeting on March 14, 2016 at 6 pm at Perry Hi-Way Social Hall.
- At the next EMS Committee meeting the County MCI Plan will be discussed.
Emergency Management Services Committee – Bill Heald, Committee Chair
- Highlight concerns regarding unfunded mandates and PEMA’s ability to arbitrarily make requirements/standards in the new Title 35.
Public Education Committee – Cathy Hornick and Sue Sutto, Committee Co-Chairs
Communications Committee – Jeff Hawryliw, Committee Chair
Old Business: Recruitment and Retention was discussed in great detail.
New Business: Public Safety Awards Dinner on the 2nd Friday in April at Perry Hi-Way Social Hall. No nominations as of yet.
Good of the Order: John Grappy recognized Abdul Osman for receiving his Doctorate.
Adjournment: Motion to adjourn made by Tony Pol. Seconded by Bill Hagerty. All in favor, meeting adjourned at 2:25 p.m.
**Next Executive Committee Meeting will be held on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 1:00 PM at ECDOPS. **