Public Safety Advisory Committee
Executive Committee, August 8th, 2018
The Public Safety’s Advisory Committee met on August 8th, 2018 at the Erie County Department of Public Safety (ECDOPS) building at 2880 Flower Road. The meeting was called to order at 1:00 PM by the Advisory Committee’s Chair, Jim Rosenbaum.
Member’s in Attendance: Dan Loewenheim, Bill Hagerty, Jim Rosenbaum, Dale Robinson, Joe Walko, Brian Mesaros, Jim Carstater, Chuck Kanarr, John Durlin and Keerinique Valencic.
Approval of Minutes: Minutes from the General Committee meeting held on 07/11/18 were approved with no corrections.
Public Safety and Subcommittee Reports:
Director’s Report – Dale Robinson
- Act 12 will sunset on June 30th next year; legislators are considering a two (2) year extension.
- Northern Tier Region submitted regional projects to PEMA for Statewide Interconnectivity Funding Grant Program.
- 9-1-1 Telephony Phone System upgrade will go live in October of this year.
- All intergovernmental cooperation agreements for East County have been signed.
- Radio Project is moving along well.
- John is conducting tower site visits for the collocated sites today.
- Recruitment and Retention committee establishment is underway; list of recommended appointees was sent to the County Executive.
- First Net
- Discussion regarding AT&T and Verizon pricing and coverage.
EMA Report – Dale Robinson
- We attended a mass care and emergency support course in Harrisburg last week.
- Trying to get a meeting with the state lead from the Red Cross to understand what services they can offer with new re-structure.
- Logistics Staging Area full scale exercise in October. We are inviting some individuals from the Department of Human Services.
EMA Report – Brian Mesaros
- Rail Exercise was pushed back in Erie to try and get more attendance.
- Waiting for East County to provide a couple dates that may work for them.
- Hazard Mitigation Plan
- Only one municipality remaining.
Communications Committee – John Durlin
Emergency Medical Services Committee – Bill Hagerty
- The EMS Plan was submitted to the PA Bureau of EMS, we have not heard anything yet.
- MCI Plan is completed and supplies have arrived.
- Kits include: paper MCI plan, laminated officer’s checklist, officer’s vest, clip boards, fanny packs with triage tape and one tourniquet.
- Meeting in two weeks to review the power point presentation and then we will begin to set up the classes.
Fire Services Committee – Joe Walko
Public Education Committee – John Durlin
- ECDOPS sent 4 volunteers to National Night Out last night and we have heard that it was well attended.
Law and Legislative Committee – Jim Carstater
- SR6 information was sent out. Discussion.
Old Business: None
New Business: None
Good of the Order: None
Adjournment: Meeting adjourned at 1:30 PM.