Public Safety Advisory Committee
Executive Committee, June 7th, 2017
The Public Safety Advisory Committee’s Executive Committee met on June 7th, 2017 at the Erie County Department of Public Safety (ECDOPS) building at 2880 Flower Road. The meeting was called to order at 1:03 PM by the Advisory Committee’s Chair, James Rosenbaum.
Member’s in Attendance: Cathy Hornick, Brian Mesaros, Jim Carstater, Bill Hagerty, Joe Walko, Dale Robinson, John Grappy, Jim Rosenbaum, Scott Heidt, Don Dacus, John Durlin and Keerinique Valencic.
Approval of Minutes: Minutes from the General Committee meeting held on 05/03/17 were approved with no corrections.
Public Safety and Subcommittee Reports:
Director of Public Safety – John Grappy
- Attended the 9-1-1 Advisory Board Meeting at PEMA on June 5th.
- There was a lot of discussion about 9-1-1 funding as the deficit is currently at $24.2 million.
- 13 Funding Priorities (15% Regional Interconnectivity) for 2017-18 were defined / approved by PEMA, in conjunction with the 9-1-1 Advisory Board.
- An emergency advance process was established. In the event a county has a catastrophic failure and they need emergency funds. They can apply for these funds and will get a check within 10 days from the state. However, the county would pay the state back.
- PSAP consolidation guidelines were also established, this is currently a top priority for funding.
- Still an interim funding formula for distribution of 9-1-1 funds.
- Northern Tier Region met on May 26th to review the different bid proposals for the regional CAD system. There were two vendors; after extensive review the committee has recommended New World/Tyler.
- Law Record Management System; we are currently scheduling a meeting with New World/Tyler so that they can present their software package to the agencies, to make sure that this is the right package for everyone.
- Next Generation Radio System
- All of the subscriber units are here with minor exceptions. Deployment and install of this equipment will be in July due to a new software upgrade release.
- E.F. Johnson has been drafting the fleet mapping, consisting of system ID, talk group IDs and user ID’s.
- The following Land Property Agreements have been executed; Corry, Fairview, Greenfield, Harborcreek and the PA Fish and Boat Commission. We are expecting approval for Springfield and Clemen’s Road.
- KCI Technologies has been hard at work at the executed sites in preparation to get the building permits issued.
- We will be releasing 3 RFP’s by the end of the month for the tower steel, tower construction and equipment shelters.
- We finalized the Nokia Alcatel Lucent microwave design last Friday. This will go to County Council in July for approval.
- Upcoming public meeting scheduled on Wednesday, June 21 at 6 PM (Perry Hi-Way Social Hall, 8281 Oliver Road, Summit Township.
Communications Committee – John Grappy
- They have re-visited the talk groups, seems that everyone is satisfied with the 56 talk groups that were defined in the RFP.
- Committee continues to meet on a regular basis to define talk group IDs and user ID’s.
Emergency Management Committee – James Rosenbaum (talking points from Matt Exley)
- Committee members are gathering information for perceived issues with the siren system.
- Title 35 – members are reviewing the document and are to report any changes they would like to see.
- Discussion about EMC notifications during accidents.
Emergency Medical Services – Bill Hagerty
- I received the final draft last week; the committee members have until tomorrow to send me any comments.
- Once we get the plan finalized, we will bring to this committee for approval.
- Also looking to get MCI kits which will cost around $10,000.00. We drafted some letters requesting for donations to fund these kits.
Fire Services Committee – Chief Joe Walko
Law Enforcement Committee – Chief Don Dacus
- Discussed implementing the Code 26P very soon.
Law and Legislative Committee – Jim Carstater
- We had a joint meeting with EMA and the Legislative committees to review the Title 35 rewrite.
- Currently waiting for Bob Gandley to come up with some language to respond with our concerns.
- Received an email to assemble a resume prior to our official appointment to the SR60 Reboot Commission.
Public Education Committee – Cathy Hornick
- Attended 2-1-1 press conference; believes that this would be good for education to the assisted living facilities.
- 9-1-1 education at Saint James School went very well. Looking to start doing more school presentations in September when school starts back up.
- Conversation about the Hidden in Plain Sight trailer that is in the works. They are looking to have it completed by 06/23/17 but who owns the trailer and how it will be transported is still not certain.
Adjourned: Meeting Adjourned at 2:14 PM.