Public Safety Advisory Committee
Executive Committee, February 6, 2019
The Public Safety’s Advisory Committee met on February 6th, 2019 at the Erie County Department of Public Safety (ECDOPS) building at 2880 Flower Road. The meeting was called to order at 1:00 PM by the Advisory Committee’s Chair, James Rosenbaum.
Member’s in Attendance: Brian Mesaros, Guy Santone, Bill Hagerty, Jim Carstater, Charlie Heffner, Rebecca Long, Dale Robinson, Jim Rosenbaum, Dan Loewenheim and Keerinique Valencic.
Approval of Minutes: Minutes from the General Committee meeting held on 01/09/19 were approved with no corrections.
Public Safety and Subcommittee Reports:
Director’s Report – Dale Robinson
- Public Safety Government Dinner is this Friday.
- 2018 Act 12 9-1-1 Legislation
- Regional CAD to go live in October 2019
- Implementing new Law RMS in October 2019
- New Telephony system installed by Century Link
- First Net
- Mobile Network was installed in Elk County
- Region has decided to move forward with AT&T First Net
- Looking at doing a First Net presentation at the Hirt Auditorium sometime this month.
- Radio Project
- County Fire Departments have been completed
- Tower sites are completed
- EF Johnson is continuing installation on the core system and microwave system
- System Testing will be conducted this month
- User training will be scheduled in February and March
- Transitioning users by first quarter in 2019
- Working with the Erie Area COG on forming a Regional Emergency Management agency
EMA Report – Brian Mesaros
- Starting the year with Tier 2 reporting; they still have another month to report.
- Looking to run a few more rail exercises in the area this year.
EMA Report – Dale Robinson
- Working on a new MACC manual.
- Dan has been reviewing plans.
- Working with Chuck and the EMA subcommittee – Meeting scheduled on 02/12/19
- Agenda: county wide siren policy, streamlining and standardizing municipal EOC practices and emergency hubs.
Communications Committee – Charlie Heffner
- There was a hiccup with the portables but EFJ has agreed to continue to make our existing portables.
- There was an issue with licensing with Canada and Washington.
Emergency Medical Services Committee – Bill Hagerty
- Tourniquets finally came in from the Hamot Health Foundation grant. We will get those out soon.
- We discussed what we will do with funds from the old EMS council but Bill from EMMCO West is seeking legal advice before we move forward.
Law and Legislative Committee – Jim Carstater
- Recruitment and Retention committee and the House is having a SR6 meeting will be held on 02/12/19.
- Statewide Advisory Board to meet on March 16th.
- FASP and SWAB to have a meeting on April 12th and 13th to discuss what leadership will do with the bills.
Good of the Order: Bruce Trego is the new Fire Commissioner.
Adjournment: Meeting adjourned at 1:24 PM.