Public Safety Advisory Committee’s
General Committee, November 12, 2015
The Public Safety Advisory Committee’s Executive Committee met on November 12, 2015, in the Erie County Department of Public Safety (ECDOPS) building at 2880 Flower Road. The meeting was called to order at 3:30 pm. by the Advisory Committee’s Chairperson Jim Rosenbaum.
Members In Attendance: Karen Molitor, Kale Asp, Sparky Warner, Richard Stebell, Jim Rosenbaum, Abdul Osman, Richard Shopene, Joe Walko, Jeff Hawryliw, Jim Carstater, Brian Mesaros, Bill Heald, Michael Tesore, Bill Hagerty, Matt Gianquinto (EF Johnson)
No Agenda – Review Progress of Subcommittees.
Approval of Minutes: Minutes from the General Committee meeting were approved with no corrections. Motion to except minutes by Bill Heald and seconded by Rich Stebell. All in favor.
Director of Public Safety and Subcommittee Reports:
Guest attending meeting was Matt Gianquinto from EF Johnson.
Director of Public Safety – John R. Grappy
- Next Generation Radio Project – Letters went out for the potential tower site locations (28 sites), some have accepted and some have denied.
- Inter-Agency Agreements, first letter (final draft) went out October 20rd and then again on October 23rd the 2 Original agreements with name and address of agency, was mailed out. Coming back at a steady pace. The deadline for the agreements is December 15th.
- Assistance to Firefighters Grant questionnaire was sent out to all fire departments.
- Text-to-911 – all 4 carriers tested, go live in approximately 30 days.
- Call taking academy – posted 4 positions for 10 days.
- Working on Alternate schedule for telecommunicators – 8 to 12 hour shifts.
- John thanked the Law Sub-Committee for their work on the Dispatch Protocol System.
- EMA still working on Crude Oil Plan
Law and Legislative Affairs Committee - Jim Carstater, Committee Chair.
- Please see attached document
Law Enforcement and Records Committee – Mike Tesore, Committee Chair
- Law Dispatch Protocol System went out for bid. Sub-Committee is recommending Priority Dispatch.
Fire Services Committee – Chief Tony Pol, Committee Chair
- Contining towards a Draft of Comprehensive Training Plan for Fire Fighters in Erie County.
Emergency Medical Services Committee – Bill Hagerty, Committee Chair
- Draft Final EMS Plan. Goal is to be implemented by March 1st, 2016.
Emergency Management Services Committee – Bill Heald, Committee Chair
- Continuing to work on Title 35 (comments and feedback). Also, working on Rail plan.
Public Education Committee – Cathy Hornick and Sue Sutto, Committee Co-Chairs
Communications Committee – Jeff Hawryliw, Committee Chair
- Looking for copies of Radio Manuals and SOP’s. No meeting scheduled as of yet (emailing). Still looking for representatives from South and West County. Please let Jeff know if you know someone that might be interested.
Old Business: It was suggested that the correct use of 911 be a focus of the Public Education Sub-Committee.
New Business: None
Good of the Order: Director Grappy wanted to thank all committee members for all their work and work in their Sub-Committees. He appreciates everyone’s efforts.
Adjournment: Motion to adjourn made by Jeff Hawryliw seconded by Bill Heald. All in favor, meeting adjourned at 4:55 p.m.
**Next Executive Committee Meeting will be held on Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 1:00 PM at ECDOPS. **