Public Safety Advisory Committee’s
General Committee, May 11, 2016
The Public Safety Advisory Committee’s Executive Committee met on May 11, 2015, in the Erie County Department of Public Safety (ECDOPS) building at 2880 Flower Road. The meeting was called to order at 2:00 pm by the Advisory Committee’s Co-Chair, Richard Stebell.
Members In Attendance: Rich Shopene, Nicole Fuller, Matt Gianquinto (EF Johnson), Bill Hagerty, Jim Carstater, Dale Robinson, Richard Stebell, Angela Vincent, Mike Tesore
Agenda – Review of Subcommittees
Approval of Minutes: Minutes from the Executive Committee meeting were approved with no corrections. The minutes were approved.
Director of Public Safety and Subcommittee Reports:
Director’s Report – Dale Robinson, absence of John Grappy.
- PSAP Leadership Workshop (PEMA) on Statewide Plan & Priorities including discussion on the development of the permanent funding formula and 15% regional projects funding. (Wednesday, May 11, 2016 - 10 AM - 3 PM)
- Annual Appointed / Elected Officials Briefing, providing an overview of public safety programs and services to include education on Title 35 Requirements / Responsibilities. (Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 6 PM - 9 PM)
- Next Generation Public Safety Radio System Project: The evaluation / selection committee is scheduled to meet on Friday, May 13, 2016 (10 AM) to evaluate four vendor proposals (Airbus DS, EF Johnson, Harris & Motorola) and provide a recommendation to the County Executive for contract award.
1) March 15, 2016 (Bid Opening)
2) March 29, 2016 (Initial review of vendor proposals by ECDoPS / MCM Consulting Group)
3) April 14, 2016 (Review of proposals by evaluation committee)
4) April 18-19, 2016 (Vendor presentations on proposals with evaluation committee. Vendors provided clarification / documentation on proposals with deadline of two weeks).
5) May 13, 2016 (Evaluation committee to review proposals, begin selection process based on evaluation criteria as outlined in RFP)
- CAD Virtualization (Cutover date June 3, 2016) Law Enforcement Dispatch Protocol System (In progress, implementation immediately following CAD Virtualization)
- Law Record Management System (Demo held on May 4, 2016. Awaiting statement of work and budgetary estimate to upgrade current software to latest software release)
- ADMIN Virtualization (Workstations installed at every dispatch console)
- 800 MHz MDT System (Exploring viable options to enhance data system with commercial network providers)
- Finalization of pay plan / schedule matrix for 24/7 telecommunications staff (8 hours vs. 12 hours vs. average salary or pay, based on the 12 third class counties in the Commonwealth. Next step: Review final report with three options with County Executive - Approx. two - four weeks)
- Four telecommunicator trainees in call taking academy - week 4 (Transition to on-the-job training program in two weeks)
- The County Executive's Office has sent a letter to ECAB, requesting a recommendation to appoint a Borough Official to the Public Safety Advisory Committee. John will follow up with Anne Rahner or Chanel Cook.
- Due to the recent notice and pending retirement of Bill Heald; Jim Rosenbaum, John and Dale will need to discuss for the appointment of an LEMC to this committee.
- In addition, with the pending retirement of Chief Pol; John will recommend the appointment of Chief Guy Santone (Erie Fire) to replace Chief Pol on this committee.
Public Safety, Emergency Management- Dale Robinson
- Rail Safety Plan (In progress, meeting being held with local municipal officials / public safety community)
- Commodity Flow Study (RFP)
- Hazard Mitigation Plan (RFP)
- New F 350, replacement of 2006 Suburban (RFP)
- Recertification of HAZMAT Team (In progress) – Working on recertification for 2016.
Law and Legislative Affairs Committee - Jim Carstater, Committee Chair.
- Please see attached report
Law Enforcement and Records Committee – Chief Mike Tesore, Committee Chair
- The Law Record Management System was mentioned and foreseeing difficulties due to contracts with other RMS system companies. Also, integrating the new system with existing systems was discussed, possibly an interface between all systems.
Fire Services Committee – Chief Tony Pol, Committee Chair
Emergency Medical Services Committee – Bill Hagerty, Committee Chair
- Currently working on the Erie County MCI Plan. Split into 3 sections. The first section is done and on a google share program for committee members to make edits. Two weeks for the second section. The third section is in progress with deleting a lot of information.
Emergency Management Services Committee – Bill Heald, Committee Chair
- Haven’t met, only had one meeting with Title 35 was discussed.
Public Education Committee – Cathy Hornick and Sue Sutto, Committee Co-Chairs
- Cathy mentioned working with volunteer teams (CERT and CART) and getting information on members helping with outreaches. These groups are finding it hard to recruit volunteers for outreaches and public education.
Communications Committee – Jeff Hawryliw, Committee Chair
New Business: None.
Good of the Order: None.
Adjournment: Motion to adjourn made by Bill Hagerty. All in favor, meeting adjourned at 3:10 p.m.
**Next Executive Committee Meeting will be held on Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 1:00 PM at ECDOPS. **