Public Safety Advisory Committee
General Committee, April 11th, 2018
The Public Safety’s Advisory Committee met on April 11, 2018 at the Erie County Department of Public Safety (ECDOPS) building at 2880 Flower Road. The meeting was called to order at 2:01 PM by the Advisory Committee’s Vice Chair, Jim Carstater.
Member’s in Attendance: Dale Robinson, Charlie Heffner, Brian Mesaros, Jim Carstater, Bill Hagerty, John Durlin, Rich Shopene and Keerinique Valencic.
Approval of Minutes: Minutes from the Executive Committee meeting held on 03/14/18 were approved with no corrections.
Public Safety and Subcommittee Reports:
Director’s Report – Dale Robinson
- LEPC meeting this Friday at 8AM
- Act 12
- Continue to work towards implementation of Regional CAD system.
- Finalizing quote for Law Records Management System.
- Pulse Point press conference was held on 03/26/18
- Telephony phone system upgrade, to be completed by September 2018.
- Consolidation of Dispatch Services for East County
- Staffing study kick off meeting was 03/28/18 with MCP.
- Completion date for staffing study is expected for May 4th
- Still waiting for intergovernmental cooperation agreements from Harborcreek and Lawrence Park
- Recruitment and Retention Committee
- Letter was sent by the County Executive’s office the week of April 9th; deadline for nominations is April 23rd.
- EMS Response Plan
- Meeting is scheduled for 04/16/18 for review and implementation of the Erie County EMS Response Plan.
- Next Generation Public Safety Radio System
- Bid for tower construction and electrical work awarded to Perry Construction and Keystone Electric
- Construction to begin on 04/16/18 – first tower to be worked on is Sharp Rd
- To be completed by July 2018.
- Nokia in process of finalizing pathway studies for microwave system.
- Webex with EF Johnson and MCM to discuss coverage requirements.
- Project completion date is still 12/31/18.
- Awaiting final pricing and coverage details.
- Coverage testing is being conducted by our agency over the next 30 days.
- County EOP
- County EOP has been forwarded to County Council for review.
- To be considered at finance meeting, scheduled on May 10th
EMA Report – Brian Mesaros
- Rail Safety Plan
- We are skipping Millcreek Township per their request and moving to the City of Erie for the rail safety plan table top exercise
- Emails have been sent to the City of Erie to determine a day.
- Hazard Mitigation Plan
- Completed. 17 municipalities that have not yet provided resolutions adopting the plan.
Communications Committee – John Durlin
- Radio Committee meetings have been divided between Fire and Law Enforcement.
- Jim Carstater stated that Charlie Heffner has contacted the USCG about their intentions.
EMS Committee – Bill Hagerty
- Meeting scheduled for Monday to review the EMS Response Plan
- MCI Plan is completed just still waiting for funding. We have reached out to several organizations and we have heard nothing. Will reach back out to Matt Linse when he returns from training.
- Discussion about having the pocket guide on the website so that individuals can get it when needed.
Law Enforcement Committee – Chief Rich Shopene
- Had our radio committee meeting last Friday.
Public Education Committee – John Durlin
- Community Fair at McKinley Elementary in May that we will be participating in.
EMA Report – Dale Robinson
- Working on the Spring Weather Exercise for the Municipal EOC’s, scheduled on May 9th.
- Jim Carstater stated that Title 35 hearing was in February and as of today, neither bill has been amended.
Law and Legislative Committee – Jim Carstater
- Discussion on SR6.
- We will be losing Don Konkle
Old Business: None.
New Business: None.
Good of the Order: None.
Adjourned: Meeting adjourned at 2:45 PM.