Child Care Information Services (CCIS)
155 West 8th Street
Erie, PA 16501
Main Number: 814-451-6580
Toll free: 1-877-288-2022
Child Care Information Services of Erie County is Pennsylvania’s subsidized child care program.
- CCIS assists working families with the cost of child care.
- CCIS pays a portion of the child care costs for eligible families.
- Families are assigned a co pay based on their income and family size.
- The subsidy payment and the parent’s co-pay go directly to the child care provider.
- CCIS Resource and Referral Service assists families with locating state licensed /regulated child care providers and offers parent education to help parents make an informed decision regarding their child care selection.
Basic Guidelines for CCIS Child Care Subsidy
- You must live in Pennsylvania
- Meet Income Guidelines for your family size
- Work 20 or more hours a week –or-
- Work 10 hours and go to school or train for 10 hrs a wk
- Have a promise of a job that will start within 30 days
- Teen parents enrolled in a full time education program
- Have a child between the ages of birth and 12 yrs old that needs care while the parent works or attends an education program.
- Eligibility is re-determined every twelve months.
- Special provisions exist for Working Families who are coming off of cash assistance and need child care.
- Families on Cash Assistance and Snap benefits may be eligible for child care, they must comply with CAO requirements and be found eligible through the County Assistance Office.
To apply for child care subsidy assistance call 451-6580 or apply online at www.compass.state.pa.us