About Our Program
The purpose of the Parent and Child Health, Nurse Home Visit Program is to provide health guidance, support, and education to pregnant women and families.
The goal of our program is to promote healthy children and families. Our Home Visiting Program targets the entire family, but is especially designed for:
- Pregnant women
- Families with a newborn or a young infant
- Single parent families
- Families with young children who have special needs
Let Use Serve You
How much does it cost? Home visit services are absolutely FREE of charge.
We serve families in Erie County regardless of race, ethnicity, income, or insurance status.
Questions And Answers About Our Home Visits
Q: How do I arrange a free visit?
A: Call 814-451-6711 for Erie area or Toll Free: 1-800-352-0026 extension 6711 to speak to the intake nurse or ask your medical provider or caseworker (from any agency) to call for you.
Q: What happens next? How is a visit scheduled?
A: A public health nurse will call or send a letter to schedule a home visit at a time that is convenient for you. There is no limit to the number of visits.
Q: What do I need to do at a home visit?
A: It’s easy! Have your questions ready for the nurse and/or just be ready to listen for helpful health advice.
Q: What will the nurse discuss with me?
A: Depending on your needs the nurse may discuss any of the following:
- Birth control
- Baby and child health care issues
- Breastfeeding/formula feeding
- WIC (Women Infants & Children program)
- Child growth & development
- Child safety
- Household safety
- Childhood lead poisoning & prevention
- Any concerns you have
Q: What else will the public health nurse do?
A: The nurse may:
- Weigh and measure your baby.
- Want to watch your baby eat and play.
- Refer you to another agency for more assistance.
- Bring you free educational information to read.
Our Community Partners
- Social Service Agencies
- Home Health Agencies
- Medical Providers
- Early Intervention
- Child Care Providers
- Erie County Office of Children & Youth
Parent and Child Health Service Request Form
Want to Learn More?