The UPWP lists the transportation studies and tasks to be performed by the ECDP staff on behalf of the Erie MPO. Because the UPWP reflects local issues and strategic priorities, the contents of UPWPs differ from one metropolitan area to another, and change from year to year. The UPWP covers a one- to two-year period. It typically contains several elements:
• The planning tasks (e.g., data collection and analysis, public outreach, and preparation of the plan and TIP), the supporting studies, and the products that will result from these activities;
• All federally funded studies as well as all relevant state and local planning activities conducted without federal funds;
• Funding sources identified for each project;
• A schedule of activities; and
• The agency responsible for each task or study.
The current Erie MPO UPWP is available here.