Tori Moore, ADA Coordinator
About the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Visit our ADA Links Reference Page.
The ADA prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability in employment, State and local government, public accommodations, commercial facilities, transportation, and telecommunications. It also applies to the United States Congress.
To be protected by the ADA, one must have a disability or have a relationship or association with an individual with a disability. An individual with a disability is defined by the ADA as a person who has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities, a person who has a history or record of such an impairment, or a person who is perceived by others as having such an impairment. The ADA does not specifically name all of the impairments that are covered.
Visit the Federal ADA Website for more information.
Erie County ADA Contact Info
Questions Related to Discrmination in Housing, Employment, or Public Accomodation?
Contact the Erie County Human Relations Department at: eriecountypa.gov/HRC
Erie County ADA Documents
County Executive's ADA Roundtable Meetings
Meetings are held in the Admiral room at the Blasco Library.
- January 17, 2017 - 2:00 pm
- April 11, 2017- 2:00 pm
- July 18, 2017- 2:00 pm
- October 10, 2017- 2:00 pm
County Executive's Roundtable on Disabilites
- Joseph Aguglia - Human Relations Commission
- Mark Alexa - Community Shelter
- Diana Ames - PCEH
- John Comstock - Erie County Drug & Alcohol
- John DiMattio - Erie County Human Services
- Bill Doupe - Winds of Change
- Sabrina Fischer - Erie County Human Resources
- Wayne Harbison - Human Relations Commission
- Passle Helminiski - Consumer
- Jack Hewitt - Office of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Jennifer Malone - Self Determination Housing Project
- Jessica Molczan - Voices for Independence
- Tori Moore - Erie County Human Resources
- Luigi Pasquale - Erie County Operations
- Charlotte Scalise - Human Relations Commission
- Tracey Weidner - Erie County Human Services
County Transition Plan
This plan is a working document and will be updated periodically. Click here to view the document.