In the TIP, the Erie MPO identifies the transportation projects and strategies from the LRTP that it plans to undertake over the next four years. All projects receiving federal funding must be in the TIP. The TIP is the region’s way of allocating its limited transportation resources among the various capital improvements, maintenance responsibilities, and operating needs of the area.
Under federal law, the TIP:
• Covers a minimum four-year period of investment;
• Is updated at least every four years (Two years in Pennsylvania);
• Is realistic in terms of available funding and is not just a "wish list" of projects. This concept is known as fiscal constraint;
• Conforms with the State’s air quality plan in nonattainment and maintenance areas;
• Is approved by the MPO and the governor; and
• Is incorporated directly, without change, into the Statewide Transportation Improvement Program (STIP).
While the TIP is only approved every two years, the Erie MPO may amend the TIP to change funding levels for projects, remove projects, and/or add new projects as necessary. Amending the TIP requires a majority vote of the Coordinating Committee and must be voted on at a public meeting.
2017-2020 TIP (Current TIP)
Project List and associated documents as enacted Spring 2016
2017-2020 Highway & Bridge TIP: List View
2017-2020 Highway & Bridge TIP: Public Narrative View
2017-2020 Public Transit TIP: List View
2017-2020 Public Transit TIP: Public Narrative View
2017-2020 Transit Financial Capacity Analysis
2017-2020 Interstate TIP: Public Narrative View
Erie MPO-Public Participation Plan
2017-2010 TIP: Procedures for Administrative Actions
2017-2010 Erie MPO TIP Selection Process
2017-2020 TIP: Environmental Justice Procedure Summary
2017 TIP (Public Comment Period)
The Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) is a four-year financial document that lists the planned expenditure of federal, state, and municipal funds for transportation projects.
The Erie MPO Coordinating Committee will consider adoption of the 2017-2020 TIP on Tuesday, July 13, 2016 at 10:00 p.m. at the Summit Township Municipal Building, 1st Floor Conference Room, 1230 Townhall Road, Erie. In conjunction with the adoption the Erie MPO will hold a public viewing open house.
The Erie MPO is committed to compliance with applicable nondiscrimination regulations and policies. The meeting location is accessible to persons with disabilities. If accommodations are needed for those with special needs related to language, sight, or hearing, please call (814) 451-7325 at least five business days in advance.
For more information, contact Christopher Friday, Transportation Program Administrator, Erie County Department of Planning, 150 East Front Street, Suite 300 Erie, PA 16507; Phone: 814-451-7325; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interactive Project Map:
1. ‘Click’ the following link: http://www.dot7.state.pa.us/tip_visualization/map.aspx
2. Select ‘Erie’ from the County Drop Down Box
3. A map will be generated with project areas highlighted in red. ‘Clicking’ on these areas will open a basic project summary and provide a link to a more detailed project report
The below is now available for public viewing and in conjunction with a public open house on Wednesday June 22nd, 2016 6:00pm-8:00pm. The meeting will take place at Summit Township Municipal Building 1st Floor Conference Room, 1230 Townhall Road, Erie, PA.
Documents and public notices will be available on this page as they are developed. If you would like to be informed of upcoming meetings and opportunities for public participation, please contact the Erie MPO.
Questions and comments may be directed to Christopher Friday, at (814)451-7325 or email@example.com